I’m Dr. Linda Bacon
- I believe in
- to nourish ourselves, heal and build resilience
- to transform our culture of injustice
- to cultivate and strengthen a community that recognizes, values, and celebrates the multiple identities that enrich our culture.
- I’m on a
- to provide the critical thought, inspiring vision and practical strategies you need to celebrate and care for your own body
- to help you develop your skills to educate, motivate, and inspire others
- to galvanize a social justice movement of body positivity which celebrates the influence of our multiple intersecting identities.
- Join Me
- Together, WE CAN end these wars on obesity and other marginalized bodies.
- WE CAN create a more just and caring world, where all people are valued and respected and supported in compassionate self-care.
A compelling and dynamic speaker, writer, scientist and storyteller, Dr. Bacon delivers a unique blend of academic expertise, clinical experience, and social justice advocacy, all couched in a raw honesty and compassion that touches and inspires.
Body Respect: What Conventional Health Books Leave Out, Get Wrong, or Just Plain Fail to Understand about Weight
Body Respect is a ground-breaking, dogma-busting book that will change how you think about HEALTH forever.
Christopher Kennedy Lawford
Former US Health Ambassador to the United Nations
A riveting book that cuts through the lies, biased reports and questionable science about weight, and teaches us how to treat our bodies with genuine care and respect.
Co-author of Lessons from the Fat-o-sphere
Linda's humanity, scientific knowledge, and compassion combine to make her an enthralling speaker.
I attended her HAES Facilitator Training and am forever changed by the experience.
Dr. Linda Bacon is life changing, inspirational, motivational and full of love.
She has some inner power that makes us look to ourselves, make peace and love who we are.
I've listened to hundreds of professional talks, but this is one of the few that has been genuinely transformational.
I came away looking at the world in a different way.
We are awed by your spirit and generosity and, well, wisdom.
It’s no accident that you’re a guru and hero to so many.